Robin

Shreeves

Independent  Journalist
  • Facebook - Black Circle
  • Black Twitter Icon
  • Instagram - Black Circle
  • Pinterest - Black Circle

About Me

I’m Robin Shreeves, author and independent journalist with a focus on wine, food, travel and sustainability, although I write on a wide variety of subjects. You've come across my blog and writer's site where you can find links to selected published works, my personal appearances, and information on how to work with me

I've studied at the highly rated National Wine School, earning my Level 3 Sommelier Certification and my Wine Speaker certification. I'm currently the wine columnist for the Courier Post newspaper, where I educate about the wines of New Jersey, general wine topics and wine tourism, as well as writing additional features for the lifestyle section. I also write the wine newsletter and beer newsletter for Inside.com. (Click and subscribe to one or both newsletters!)

​In 2014, I co-authored and published my first book, The One Year Women in Christianity. My work has also been published in Spirited magazine, Edible Philly, Edible Jersey and online by Wine Enthusiast, The Food Network, New Jersey Monthly, Woman's Day, VinePair, American Bible Society, Realtor.com, Apartment Therapy, The Salve, Forbes, CNN, Drink Nation and more. 

As one of my writing heroes Anne Lamott says to write you need "butt in chair." About 90 percent of my work time is spent with "butt in chair," but the other 10 percent is spent traveling and wine tasting. I love what I do, and I am grateful I get to do it. 

I hold a B.S. in Bible from Cairn University and a K-12 English teaching certification from Rowan University. I taught for several years before breaking out on my own as an independent journalist. I'm based right outside of Philadelphia in South, Jersey, close to the Outer Coastal Plain AVA.

    

 
 
 
 

© 2017 by Robin Shreeves. Proudly created with Wix.com